Thursday, July 12, 2007

Quiet Day, Not So Quiet Night

Yesterday was pretty quiet for a change. We watched Dora, played a little with cars and tractors and his puppy and moose. I had the bed elevated to help him sit up and hopefully help pull some of the swelling down away from his face.

We had a visit from our neighbor Nancy and Papa came up later with daddy. Jackson enjoyed watching the two of them throw a ball around the room and he even tried to throw it a couple of times. His appetite still isn't back, he ate almost 2 Cheetos but didn't want anything more.

Around 5pm he started to get a little upset and again at 6pm so we called for some morphine. That seemed to help and he watched Dora some more and talked with daddy and I a little. He got a good night call from Suzanne and Christopher and said a couple of words to them then finally fell asleep. Unfortunately that didn't last long. He was up at 10pm and then up and down screaming most of the night. I felt like I was always calling for pain meds. This morning I called for some "pain medication for Jackson" and they thought I said "I need help to the bathroom" so they sent someone to help one of us to the bathroom. The nurse just laughed when I told what we really needed.

The NS was in already this morning and said that we'll take him off the morphine and give him some oral Lortab instead, it should last longer than the morphine, and some anti-inflammatory meds for the swelling. I'm praying that he won't gag or throw this up. They are also planning to change the dressing on this head today, this will be our first look at it since surgery.

Right now he is resting peacefully and I am going to try to get a little as well.

2 comments:

CarmenK. said...

Jackson- I love you and miss you! We will play really soon!
Carmen

bob,christy,josh&kelly said...

Hey guys! I hope everything is going good today. I love the blog! We are soooo glad to here that he is moving around a little bit. We are also glad to here that you guys got some sleep. Well I better go Kelly is going out to start cuttin the lawn.(HELP ha ha ha) As always our thoughts and prayers are with you guys always!!! Love you guys Bob,Christy,Josh&Kelly