Thursday, July 2, 2009

SC Trip

Last weekend I took my first trip back to SC since our move to Wisconsin. I was asked to be in a wedding in Columbia and went down a day early to spend a little time in the upstate. On my way into town I became a little chocked up. It was my first time back since that looong summer in the hospital and it hit me a bit. I first went to Boiling Springs and took a drive thru our old neighborhood. The house pretty much looked the same except for a few bushes and it looks like it could use a new roof. Brandon's fence was still up and it was fun to see some of the trees we planted and how big they have become. After that I went visit my girlfriend Machelle and check out her new salon, Kidz Kutz. Then it was on to Woodsberry. I got chocked up again driving into the neighborhood and when I got to Martin & Nancy's and seen Nancy I had a few tears. It was so nice to see them again and they were kind enough to let me stay the night with them. We went out for Mexican, something I had been craving since we moved. Wisconsin really doesn't have any good Mexican restaurants, at least I haven't found one yet. It was great catching up and seeing them all again.

Our first house in Boiling Springs, SC
Friday morning I was back on the road heading to Columbia for the bridal luncheon. When I pulled up to the restaurant I spotted Joni & Stacey went over to say hello and I lost it again. I hadn't realized just how much I had missed them until I saw them again. They have been in our lives thru so much and will always be Aunt Joni & Aunt Stacey to Jackson. I love them like my own family. Anyway, the luncheon was beautiful and it was good to see some of their friends and family that I had already known and to meet the rest of them and Paul's relatives.

Joni's beautiful centerpiece.


The table all set.

Stacey & Joni Stacey & I


Friday evening was the wedding rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner. Both went well and of course a few more tears were shed. Especially at the dinner where I had to say a little something about the bride to be.
Jessica, me, Stacey, Michelle & Hillary at the rehearsal dinner.

Saturday was the big day and I was trying to sleep in a bit but of course wasn't able to. Oh well. I had a hair appt that morning and was going for a pedicure and while I waited for the mall to open I went to Toys'r'us to pick up a little something for Jackson. He was having a great time with his best buddy, Daddy. After hair & pedi it was on to the church to get ready for the wedding. The girls got ready first and then we helped Stacey. She was radiant and so calm. The church was beautiful and smelled like a florist. For those that don't know, Stacey is an orchestra teacher and she also plays the violin in the SC Philharmonic. She is an amazing musician. So for her wedding of course the music was absolutely breathtaking! It was a beautiful wedding and reception and just a wonderful weekend. I'm so glad I was able to make it for their special day. Congratulations once again Stacey & Paul!!

Getting her vail on.

All ready.
The Burnette's
Stacey & I
Harrison, Stacey & I Wesley & I
The Dobyn's. Sunrise on my way to Charlotte.

What a weekend! I can't wait to go back and to take my boys with me next time.

0 comments: