Thursday, July 24, 2008

Washington County Fair

Last night we checked out the Washington County Fair. This was Jackson's first fair and he was so excited about it. He was dragging us everywhere and kept saying "Oh my goodness" and "I don't believe it!" Actually he was more like yelling it, it was SO funny! I don't know what he liked more the chickens, ducks, rabbits, pigs, cows, goats, sheep, horses, they had them all and we had to go in each barn. Except the llamas, he wasn't interested in them.

After the animals he drug us over to the tractors. As much as he loves them and would drag us to them he was a little scared to get on them. Brandon however was not. I guess it's a boy thing.

Next they had a great exhibit set up where kids got to be a farmer and do little chores around the farm. Jackson was able to gather eggs, milk the wooden cow, and pick vegetables out of baskets in a little garden. It was very cute.

Then he saw the carnival rides and I think his eyes got as big as softballs and he continued the "Oh my goodness" and "I don't believe it!". Once we found the kiddie rides and got tix he went on the train and the jumpy cars by himself. I went on the teacups with him and daddy joined him on the roller coaster. I was a little afraid of him on this but it turned out to be his favorite and the smile on his face was priceless! We ended our visit with ice cream cones and are looking forward to the Ozaukee county fair in a couple of weeks.

(I've posted the pix on the shutterfly acct, you can get there by clicking the photos of Jackson link on this page or clicking on the following: http://jacksondeanbarnett.site.shutterfly.com/)

0 comments: